They have committed serious acts, offenses or crimes. The justice system however considered that they were not responsible when committing these acts.
They are confined for an unlimited period of time, imprisoned inside the walls of the psychiatric unit of a prison in Brussels.
With Ship of Fools we plunge into the very heart of the prison cells, where humanity seems to have been forgotten. Based on trust, the inmates reveal their more or less realistic hopes of being released one day.
Directed by Eric D'Agostino & Patrick Lemy
Produced by Aurélien Bodinaux
Editing Jan De Coster
Additional editing Antoine Donnet
Production Neon Rouge
Coproduction Visualantics, Tact Production, RTBF, CBA, Lichtpunt
With the support of Centre du Cinéma - FWB, VAF, Fonds du Journalisme, Tax shelter of the Belgian Government
- Festival Imagésanté (Liège - Belgium, 17/03/2016) - PRIX DU GRAND JURY
- Les Magrittes du Cinéma (Brussels - Belgium, 06/02/2016 )
- Festival des Libertés (Brussels - Belgium, 10/2014)
- Ramdam Festival (Tournai - Belgium, 01/2015)
- Images mentales (Brussels - Belgium, 02/2015)
- Festival International du film policier (Liège - Belgium, 04/2015)
- Festival Psy de Lorquin (Lorquin - France, 06/2017)
- Images de Justice (Rennes - France, 01/2018)
- Festival du Film Social - Vivre Debout (Perwez - Belgium, 03/2018)